Conference “RE:Cover: How Russia’s War in Ukraine Changes Journalism”
The RE:Cover Conference will take place in Bratislava, Slovakia, on December 9–11
and will focus on every aspect of war reporting in Ukraine:
● Documenting war crimes and protecting human rights
● Being on the cutting edge of news and covering sensitive topics
● Providing physical security and psychological assistance to journalists
● Countering propaganda and getting a big picture
● Addressing ethical challenges and revising standards, etc.
The conference is organized by the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom
based in Leipzig, former coordinators of the project Scoop and the Regional Press
The host country Slovakia is geographically close to Ukraine, safe from the warzone
and a battleground for independent journalism since the murder of the investigative reporter
Jan Kuciak and his fiancee, Martina Kušnirova.